Your First Visit
At your first visit to Arizona Center for Hand Surgery, your doctor will review your medical records with you, assess the findings, and develop a treatment plan for your diagnosis. It is helpful to have the most recent MRI/CT scans/X-ray reports on your area of pain, so the physician can come up with a plan of action that will work best for you. If you do not have any radiology reports, our doctors can still evaluate you, and may write a prescription for you to have diagnostic imaging done. Typically, on the first visit our physicians do not prescribe pain medication.
- Please arrive on time: We try very hard to accommodate all of our patients as quickly as possible. If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be rescheduled for another day.
- Utilize our New Patient Portal: Patients can now access our portal for even more services including viewing and requesting appointments, viewing and downloading medical records, requesting prescription refills, updating personal information, securely messaging questions to the office staff, and more! If you would like to benefit from these features on the portal, please contact our office and ask for an e-mail invitation to the portal for complete access. Once registered, you may begin using the designated features right away.
What should I bring to my appointment?
For your first visit at our practice, you should bring the following:
- Your insurance card
- Photo identification (Drivers License)
- Medication list (if you are taking any medications)
- Insurance co-pay (if applicable)
What records should I have faxed over before my initial visit?
- Any prior pain management records
- MRI/CT/X-ray reports for your area of pain
- Recent records from your primary care and referring physicians (Any records that weren't previously faxed to our office)
- Notes from past surgeries
At Arizona Center for Hand Surgery, we look forward to giving you the personalized care that you deserve. Serving patients of all ages and with varying conditions, we look forward to offering you unsurpassed experience and respect that works best for you. Call our office at (602) 258-4788 for more information about the services that we provide.